Friday, February 27, 2009

It's a little blue at the Rasband House...


Despite many thoughts of updating our blog, things have been quite busy around our little house and, therefore, it has been a while - oops! So, ready or not, here comes a HUGE update.

We spent Thanksgiving in Florida with my family and played tons of tennis - Christian is quite the natural and Alina even picked up a racket a few times. Of course there was tons of amazing food and laughs with my parents, my brother and his wife, and my grandparents.

December flew by and we spent Christmas with Christian's family although things weren't exactly as we had hoped. Alina came down with some sort of flu Christmas morning and threw up twice before making it down to see what Santa had left. This continued for the next day or so and on into her birthday on the 27th. Even though her diapers couldn't quite do their job, we did venture out to the Living Planet Aquarium for her birthday party with Grandma Rasband.

On New Year's Eve we hopped on a plane back to Florida and spent New Year's and my birthday in paradise! Before we knew it, our week in Florida was over and we were back to the old routine in Utah.

Christian started his last semester of college (YEA!) and Alina dove into her second year of everything. At the end of January, my friend Jamie asked me to help coach a high school lacrosse team and we decided it would be TONS of fun. Needless to say, Alina and I go to practice everyday and she is picking up lacrosse very well... she loves yelling "GO" for sprints and even cheers the girls on as they practice.

Now for the main purpose for this post. Apparently I have a little issue with announcing our exciting family news until certain factors are determined - Case in point? Perhaps we found out back in November that we are expecting number two! So exciting, right? I just wanted to know everything was perfect and what we were having before the official blog. Well, the day before Valentine's Day we had an appointment and were at 18 weeks. Our incredible doctor felt badly about our long wait (what do we expect though scheduling the last appt. of the day?) and decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound for kicks. WE WERE DELIGHTED! After so poking and prodding the baby who did not want to cooperate, he announced that we are expecting a little GIRL! We even have the ultrasound pics to prove it!

So, for the past two weeks we have been talking baby sister to Alina and even bought her (meaning the new sis) a onesie that says "Little Sister." Alina, however, hasn't been the most enthusiastic. We'll ask her if she's excited for her little sis and she'll quickly say one of two things... either "no" or "brud-ah". Interesting seeing as we never taught her the word brother.


Any rate... we just have figured that she'll come around, but meanwhile we'll get a video for laughs later when little sis is being naughty...


Needless to say, Christian has felt a little outnumbered as now there are three against one (yes, baby has a vote... she automatically sides with mom!)


So this morning we had our official 20 week ultrasound - the doozy where they make sure everything is perfect and measure every detail and verify your due date. Everything looked good - measurements were right on except there was one detail that left us all a little baffled... it turns out our "little girl" is a "little boy!" Alina knew it all along! I looked over at her after we found out and said, "You knew, didn't you?" to which she did her dramatic head-nodding and said "ya."

So the word is out - the newest little Rasband's a little boy and his arrival date is sometime around July 14th! We couldn't be happier!


Here's one of his first photos - fresh off the press! He's even waving "hello!"


Hopefully we'll be a little better in the future... but our lives are soon going to get a little more crazy as we throw in some blue with all the pink we're used to having! Will is well on his way!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations!

While cleaning out some papers, I recently came across the card you wrote me when we moved--I miss your association so much. How has primary gone? Are you still in that calling?

We are also expecting again, due July 21st, right after you. I have not yet been successful in scheduling the ultrasound as there have been some administrative hurdles. News of the gender will (hopefully) be forthcoming!

In other news, Nathanael is talking up a storm and Michael and I are both well. I love our ward and have been very involved in all that is going on here. Nathanael has taken to nursery with enthusiasm, which is a great break for his parents during our busy Sundays.

Congratulations again! Please send me a short email so that I can write back to you. I have some other news that I would like to tell you, but it is not quite the thing to post on the internet for all the world. :)

Love and hugs!
Bethany

Bethany said...

Oops. I forgot to leave you my address!

bethany dot deardeuff at gmail dot com

Clore said...

Hey congrats! Boys are fun!!!!!

Jessica said...

It is great to be blue!!! We are sooo excited for you guys! And excited to see you soon too!
Love you guys...

Josh and Melissa said...

Congratulations! I am so exciting for your cute little family! You are such a cute mom and Alina will be a great older sister. I love that she knew that it would be a brother all along. (My parents didn't find out with me, but my brother called me a girl baby the whole time.) Babies know more than we think! I hope things are going great for your family! We miss you guys!

Mike and Alyse Swenson said...

Yay! Christian told us when he was at our house this week and we were so excited! It is boy season! We love the name you have picked out as well. Good luck with everything!

Katie Smith said...

Congratulations on the baby boy! I had heard through the grapevine that you were expecting.

You are going to love having a boy...not that you don't love having a girl... :)

You look fantastic by-the-way!